Multi Class Program
This program will encourage and support people with disabilities and get them involved with competitive swimming. It has a strong focus on developing efficient techniques, the program aims to maximise abilities of the swimmers.
Our mission is to provide swimmers with intellectual or physical impairments access to specialised coaching and the opportunity to compete whilst being supported in a positive and inclusive environment.
- All swimmers are enjoying swimming and are included in the club environment.
- Build on general fitness, endurance and existing swimming skills.
- Swimmers competing at a range of levels.
- Developing techniques that maximises swimmers abilities.
- Thursday 6.15 - 7.30 pm
- Saturday 8.15 - 9.30 am
$67.30 per month plus pool entry per visit to Adelaide Aquatic Centre
- Under the age of 25
- Can swim 25 meters
- Meets a S1 to S14 classification
Factors influencing class allocations
Individuals who are allocated to a class between 1 and 4 require the use of a wheelchair daily. Classes range from swimmers with significant impairments (class 1) to those with minimal impairments (class 10).
Individuals who are blind are assigned to class 11 to class 13 is for individuals who are legally blind.
Individuals with an IQ score of 75 or less, this must be acquired prior to 18 years of age.