Junior Squads - Bronze, Silver, Gold
We have a strong history of an excellent squad pathway, the cornerstone being our Junior Squads. The aim of these squads is to improve skills, technique and fitness in a supportive and encouraging environment. In addition, our Junior Squads are encouraged to participate in events such as Squad Clinics, Super Sprints, Mega Swim and Red & Blue Days.
Junior Squad BRONZE: Introductory squad, main focus is on learning turns and basic squad training structure.
Junior Squad SILVER: Increased training distance, strong focus on skills, turns and training structure.
Junior Squad GOLD: Further increased training distance, high focus on skills, turns and training endurance. This squad aims to improve swimmers level of fitness in preparation for Development Squads.
- Ensuring swimmers are enjoying their swimming
- Promotion to Development Squads
- Correct turns and strokes for all individual and medley transitions
- Correct dives from pool edge
- Meet set criteria for freestyle and medley strokes
- Regularly attend weekly training sessions